Monday, July 21, 2008

Macy's Polka Dot Party!

My first post will be pictres of the decorations, just in case you would like to do the same. I have had tons of people say "that is such a cute idea". SO here is what we did...

I bought some sticky back velcro and attached the hard prickly side onto the inside of Macy's high chair tray and just pushed on some pink toole to make a little skirt. It was very sweet and girly!



I made a Happy Birthday sign with scrapbooking paper, wavy sissors, and alphapet sickers. ( I got all of these things from the Dollar Tree.)



I found these cute white paper lanterns at Walmart and thought they would do a great job as polka dots. On the table, there is a yellow bowl filled with Chocolate and Strawberry Whoppers. I found some litte dixie cups with pink and brown dots on them and we used those to hand out the Whoppers. We also went to Cracker Barrel and bought those cute little sheets of wax paper with multi colored candy dots on them. All the kids took one sheet home. I bought the table cloth, plates, and napkins from Birthday Express. They had pink polka dots all over.



I used a cake stand for the cupcakes and a small plate on top of a glass candle stick for the little cake. We got all the cupcakes and tiny cake at Walmart. They had polka dot sprinkles.



Here is what began it all! Her polka dot dress. I saw it at J.C. Penny's and knew that it was the perfect birthday party dress! The funniest thing is that I found it when she was only 3 months old! You can't see in this picture but it had pink toole around the hem. Sooooooo adorable! Nana found Miley's outfit at Macy's. Thanks Nana! (and yes, I am wearing polka dots too. I may need serious help!) :)



My next post will have pictures of the party.






No comments: