Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Little Frustrated...but I'll be ok :)


I am so sick of people at the store giving me dirty looks. Is it so amazing that I have 5 children? Why is it that there can be a mom with 1 child screaming in the next isle over who gets looks of "I understand" or "Bless your heart", but I walk by with 5 quite, calm, respectful children and I get this look that says, "How irresponsible" or better yet, someone actually told my mother one time that she needs to buy me a TV! Are you kidding me?!? THAT is rude. Look at those sweet kids. They are a blessing to everyone who knows them. I was an only child, and believe me I always wished I had someone. Once your friends go home, you are alone. My children will never have to feel alone. They will never have to feel out of place or that they don't belong. They are their own support system. They are learning to work together as a team. They are learning that they are a blessing to us not a burden that we have to deal with till they turn 18 and we kick them out. I think it is so sad that many people today feel this way. I found this article that encouraged me so much. I have no idea if this man is a Christian, but I am so happy that there are people out there who realize that BIG ( I'm sorry, I still don't think 5 is big) is how families are meant to be. Ok, I feel better now. Thanks for listening. :)

4 comments:

Haley said...

I agree! I love the friendships that my children have with each other and I love the friendships I have with my siblings (six of us). And, you're right, your kids are adorable! :-)

Anonymous said...

Don't let others get to you. They're just jealous their kids are not as well behaved!
By the way, we wanted more children but were only blessed with one who was near perfect!!

Love You!!!
Mom

Stephanie Tillery said...

I am so sorry that people can be so rude. They just don't understand how children are little treasures and bundles of joy. It's sad that our society devalues family, community, and the gift of life.

berrypatch said...

I found you through Malia's Homemaking 911 newsletter. I was one of five growing up. Back then we weren't an oddity (well, at least not for our family size). Now I have three boys of my own & I even get comments on how many I have. Seriously - three??? I watch two little girls during the week & occasionally take them on outings with us. I'm sure we get looks. I think it's funny that people don't have better things to do. Congrats on your five blessings.